As our regular readers and CDO Summit delegates know, digital transformation efforts are more successful when built on a solid foundation of data architecture, strategy, and governance.
For this reason, we are very excited to announce a keynote on “Data Governance: Springboard for Digital Transformation” by Joyanta Majee at the upcoming NYC CDO Summit on May 8 at Columbia University.
The least sexy program element can have the greatest impact on implementation. This invaluable session will survey the critical aspects of data governance that contribute to genuine success at driving digital transformation.
The lessons imparted from this keynote can be used by BOTH Digital and Data CDOs, CMOs, CIOs, and CTOs, at companies of all sizes and across all sectors and regions.
Joyanta is the Vice President & Head of the Data & Analytics Practice at Orion. He has over two decades of multi-faceted global experience spanning management consulting, advanced analytics, and digital solutions, across a broad spectrum of industry verticals. Prior to joining Orion, Joyanta was SVP & Head of the Analytics Practice at a Bay Area-based AI & Data Science products and solutions company; VP & Head of Knowledge Process Operations at Accenture; VP & Global Head of Account Management at Datamatics; and Americas Sales Head at TCG Digital. Joyanta started off his career in Management and Strategic Consulting working at Pricewaterhouse Coopers. Joyanta earned his B.Tech degree from the Indian Institute of Technology, and his MBA from the Indian Institute of Management.
See the full agenda for the NYC CDO Summit 2019 here or via the link below..
CDO Club quoted in WSJ on Tuesday
"Atif Rafiq, chief digital officer at Volvo, plans to join MGM Resorts International as president of commercial and growth, helping guide the casino and hotel company’s expansion of digital services and technology modernization.
The move, slated for mid-May, reflects a shift of the role of CDO from change catalyst to revenue producer, which can also lead to higher offices. At least 34 CDOs have gone on to become chief executives, presidents or other business leaders since 2016, according to The CDO Club, a professional group."
We're delighted to add Atif to the CDO Club Hall of Fame, which recognizes CDOs who have become President, CEO, or Board Director: http://cdoclub.com/hall-of-fame/
Last year, Bain Capital and the CDO Club published a report on this trend, titled '101 CDOs Who Became CEO,' which can be downloaded here: http://cdoclub.com/publications/
Written by: Kim S. Nash Deputy Editor The Wall Street Journal
Join Us New York City!
The NYC CDO Summit will feature keynotes and panelists that will change the way you think about digital transformation and data-driven culture.
Listen to leaders from around the globe and from different industries as they reveal the challenges they face and the ways in which they solved them.
Learn from your peers and network with knowledgeable executives at the 7th annual NYC CDO Summit presented by Globant on Wednesday, May 8, 2019, in the spectacular Roone Arledge Auditorium at Columbia University.
Who's Speaking In New York City?
- Alejandro Scannapieco: EVP & General Manager of Globant's US East Region
- Andrew Fitzgerald: Chief Digital Content Officer at Hearst TV
- Asha Saxena: Adjunct Professor at Columbia University Business School
- Chris Wiggins: Chief Data Scientist at The New York Times
- David Mathison: Curator, CDO Summit & Founder, CDO Club
- Emi Horcada: Global Head of Design and Digital Transformation Partner at Globant
- Fred Santarpia: Former Chief Digital Officer at Condé Nast
- Janice Ellig: Chief Executive Officer at Ellig Group
- Janko Bazhdavela: VP of Product & Engineering at The Corcoran Group
- Joe DeCosmo: Chief Analytics Officer at Enova International
- John Minardi: Senior Director, Digital Healthcare & Connected Commerce Technology Services at Johnson & Johnson
- Joyanta Majee: VP & Head of the Data & Analytics Practice at Orion
- Julia Bardmesser: SVP, Head of Data, Architecture and Analytics at Voya Financial
- Karl Hightower: Chief Data Officer - SVP Data Products and Services at Novant Health
- Kendra Bracken-Ferguson: Founder and CEO of BrainTrust
- Lili Gil Valletta: CEO and Co-founder at CulturIntel and CIEN+
- Linda Avery: Chief Data Officer at Federal Reserve Bank of New York
- Lisa Schneider: Chief Digital Officer & Publisher at Merriam-Webster Inc.
- Michael Donnelly: Former SVP, Digital Experiences Group at Mastercard
- Ritesh Patel: Chief Digital Officer - Health & Wellness at Ogilvy
- Sanjeev Addala: SVP, Chief Information & Digital Officer at AES Corp.
- Satyam Priyadarshy, MBA, Ph.D: Chief Data Scientist at Halliburton
- Seri Nabeshima: Chief Global Officer of CDO Club Japan
- Subha Madhavan, PhD, FACMI: Chief Data Scientist at Georgetown University Medical Center
- More to be announced...
- New York, NY: May 8, 2019. Our 7th year! Presented by Globant.
- Madrid, Spain: May 21-23, 2019 @DES2019 | Digital Business World Congress.
- Fukuoka, Japan: June 4-5, 2019. "D20" Our 3rd year, via CDO Club Japan.
- Zurich, Switzerland: June 27, 2019. Our 2nd year, via CDO Club CH.
- Tel Aviv, Israel: November, 2019. Our 4th year, via CDO Club IL.