Welcome back to our Chief Digital Officer JOBS Update, through September 2018.
Big news this month: more new Chief Digital Officers were hired in September 2018 than in any other month to date!
As our members know, we’ve been tracking this trend for more than seven years, and posting them in our biweekly JOB Updates since Q4 2014.
And, as usual, the last few months have also seen more CDOs becoming CEO, President, and Board Directors at prestigious, global, publicly traded companies.
In addition to the tremendous global growth in Chief Digital Officer hires, the demand for Chief Data Officers continues to increase at a pace surpassing that of their digital colleagues.
This Thursday, we’ll post our Chief Data Officer JOB Update for September 2018.
We’ve got big plans for Q4 2018 – we are currently finishing up a $1.25m seed round for the launch our new initiative, Innovation Exchange (iXi), an online talent platform that uses AI to match executives with targeted jobs and opportunities. The goal of the platform is to help digital, data, and security leaders find their next dream job.
In 2019, we will raise our first round of capital for the CDO Club, and will re-launch that platform with more features to help our members get their jobs done efficiently and effectively.
Meantime, congratulations to all the new CDOs, and we wish all our members continued success!
In this issue, we list TWENTY-FOUR new CDO appointments for September alone; we tracked 40 CDO ARTICLES and hand-picked SIXTEEN CDOs who made the news last month; and we posted more new open global CDO positions on our CDO Career page!
- New Chief Digital Officer placements (through September 2018): TWENTY-FOUR new CDOs were hired in September alone, we provide the highlights below. Congratulations to the new Chief Digital Officers at Apleona, Coca-Cola India, Havas Edge, Maersk, Marks & Spencer, Neiman Marcus Group, Omnicom Media Group for Asia Pacifick, and REI, among many others. Welcome to the CDO Club!
- Chief Digital Officers ‘In the News’: Consider us your personal CDO “news clippings” service. We tracked 40 CDO ARTICLES and hand-picked SIXTEEN CDOs who made the news in September, including Carnival Cruise Line’s Kathy Mayor, Kopari Beauty’s Megan Whitman, MittMedia’s Robin Govik, New York Post’s Remy Stern, PANDORA’s Karl Walsh, The Jamie Oliver Group’s Darren Goldsby, and Volvo Cars’ Atif Rafiq! How did they make news? Find out inside.
- Open Chief Digital Officer Jobs: Inside, you’ll find open posts for Chief Digital Officers, Chief Data Officers, and other C-level digital and data positions. Be sure to review the open posts on our dedicated career page.
You’ll find the details on all this and much more inside.
Join Us in San Francisco
Join Us in Israel
Featured San Francisco Speakers:
Other San Francisco speakers include:
- Alex Baxter: President & CEO at OmniForce LLC
- Amit Kama: CEO at Kamedia Digital
- Bill Bradford: Chief Digital Officer at Beachbody
- Carrie Bishop: Chief Digital Services Officer of the City and County of San Francisco
- David Mathison: Curator, CDO Summit & Founder, CDO Club
- Diane Dwyer: Special Correspondent at NBC Bay Area
- Hope Frank: Partner, Global Experience Officer, Futurist at Mercer
- Jessica Pointing: Quantum Computing Researcher at MIT
- Joe Bilman: Chief Digital Officer & Head of Product Development at Harland Clarke Holdings, Valassis & Harland Clarke
- Ken Kragen: President at Kragen & Company
- Kevin Conroy:Former President, Digital and New Platforms at MGM
- Khosrow Hassibi: Chief Data Scientist at R Systems Inc.
- Makoto Kakizaki: Director of Digital Strategy Office at Sansan
- Matt Belkin: President and Board Director at Big Squid, Inc.
- Mike Tamir, PhD: Head of Data Science: Uber ATG at Uber Advanced Technologies Group
- Perkins Miller: General Manager, North America at StubHub
- Sanjeev Addala: Chief Digital Officer at GE Renewable Energy
- Slava Akmaev: SVP, Chief Analytics Officer at BERG
- More coming soon...