The inaugural Toronto CDO Summit was held on October 25 at Thomson Reuters, and was a tremendous success!
The Summit featured digital and data leaders and executives in an incredible, jam-packed agenda. See our write-up and photos of the Summit here, and check out the agenda below:
- 08:30-08:45: David Mathison: Curator at CDO Summit, keynoted on "100 CDOs Who Have Become CEO."
- 08:45-09:00: Jay Rosenzweig: CEO of Rosenzweig & Company Inc., keynoted on "A Word From The Host: Why The CDO Role Matters To Global Competitiveness."
- 09:00-09:15: Lisa Rowsell: Managing Director, Canada, Financial & Risk Business at Thomson Reuters, gave the opening remarks.
- 09:15-09:45: Jessie Adcock: Chief Technology Officer of the City of Vancouver, keynoted on "Smart City: The City Of Vancouver’s Digital Journey."
- 09:45-10:15: Hillary Hartley: Chief Digital Officer and Deputy Minister for Digital Government at Ontario Public Service delivered a keynote on "Transformation at Scale: 21st Century Government in a Digital Age.”
- 10:45-11:15: Cindy Forbes: EVP & Chief Analytics Officer at Manulife keynoted on "Manulife's Analytics Journey."
11:15-12:00: A panel on "Mining Real Value From Your Data Lake" featured:
- Mike Stone (moderator): Global Technology Director at Thomson Reuters
- Dmitry Baev: Director, Solutions Engineering at Hortonworks
- Vsu Subramanian: Vice President, Enterprise Data Services at Thomson Reuters
- 13:30-13:45: Amy Yee: Chief Digital Officer at Health Standards Organization (HSO), keynoted on "CDO Timelines: First 180 Days."
- 13:45-14:00: David Corrigan: CEO of AllSight, keynoted on "Why The Status Quo Isn’t Good Enough: Reimagining The Customer 360."
14:15-15:00: A fireside chat on "Building Globally Competitive AI in Toronto," featured:
- Candice Faktor: Partner at Faktory Ventures
- Jordan Jacobs: CEO at Layer6
15:30-15:45: A Fireside Chat on "Why We Need To #MoveTheDial For #WomenInTech – And How We Are Going To Do It" featured:
- Jodi Kovitz: CEO at AceTech; Founder at #MoveTheDial
- Aliza Lakhani: Director of Business Development and International Projects at The DMZ
- 15:45-16:00: Ash Fontana: Managing Director at Zetta Venture Partners, keynoted on "Timing AI Adoption In Your Organization."
- 16:00-16:30: Khalid Al-Kofahi: Vice President, R&D at Thomson Reuters, keynoted on "Transforming Knowledge Work."
- 16:30-17:00: Ted Graham: Head of Open Innovation at General Motors, gave the closing keynote on "The Uber Of Everything – How The Freed Market Economy Is Disrupting And Delighting."
Thanks to everyone who joined us in Toronto, to our host Thomson Reuters, and to our sponsors and partners for a great event – Rosenzweig & Company, AllSight, MaRS Discovery District, the DMZ, ObjectFrontier Software (OFS), SnapLogic, and ODBMS.org. We appreciate your support!
Check out our re-cap write-up and photos of the Toronto CDO Summit via the link below:
Our Next CDO Summits Are Coming Up In NYC & San Francisco:
- Our 6th annual NYC CDO Summit is on May 30. We'll be joined by Chief Digital Officers from Bayer and Harvard Business Review; and Chief Data Officers from AT&T, Dun & Bradstreet and United Technologies, among others.
- Our San Francisco CDO Summit is on June 27. There you'll get to meet Carrie Bishop, the first-ever Chief Digital and Services Officer for the City and County of San Francisco, among others.
Check out some of the speakers for CDO Summits in NYC and San Francisco below:
Featured New York City Speakers:
Former NY Congressman; Musician, songwriter, founder of Orleans, and author of
STILL THE ONE: A Rock'n'Roll Journey to Congress and Back
Featured San Francisco Speakers:
Join Us in NYC (our 6th year) or SF:
2018: See You at a CDO Summit Near You!
- Madrid, Spain: May 23, 2018, Digital Business World Congress
- New York, NY: May 30, 2018 (our 6th year), presented by CDOGPS
- San Francisco: June 27, 2018, presented by CDOGPS
- Tel Aviv, Israel: September 2018 (our 3rd year, via CDO Club IL)
- Sydney Australia: TBD Q4, 2018 (our 3rd year), presented by CDOGPS
- MORE: We are also considering CDO Summits in Madrid, Singapore, Mumbai, and Berlin in the second half of 2018. Contact us for more information.